Reflection Journal - Week 8
Reflection Journal - Week 8
- Summary of the main ideas and topics of the week.
- This week we learned about CSR (aka Corporate Social Responsibility). CSR is centered around 3 different categories: planet, people and profit. The idea is that corporate businesses can make a bigger impact in the world while running their businesses.
- A response to a specific reading, video, or activity. For instance, did something spark interest, surprise, anger, inspire, or confuse you? Reference the content, add your thoughts, and explain your reaction.
- I really liked chapter 16 of the “How to Change the World” book. I liked that it mentioned that we should treat people like real people and listen carefully to what others have to say. I feel like in general, this week talk me the importance of running smart and genuine businesses. It’s important to not lose yourself or get caught up in something that doesn’t include helping others.
- Respond to the weekly prompt.
- Frankly, I think the growth of CSRs could stem from the growth of technological platforms. We live in a world where a lot is being advertised to us through social media. There is a huge clientele for “doing good” and advertising “doing good”, which makes the effort more appealing to the people who watch social media influencers. I think word travels quick with the change in the ways we communicate today and that if something/someone promotes an action that their followers will like, they’ll be more likely to follow the desired action or support the group that promotes making change in the world.
Comments
Post a Comment