Reflection Journal - Week 3
Reflection Journal - Week 3
This week was a super great week in learning
about social innovation and how to determine the root causes of why events
occur the way they do. We learned many different tools or processes that we can
apply when we look at problems that occur around us. Some of these include RCA,
the Cause and Analysis Tool, the 5 Whys and so on. There are many different
small ways to find the cause of why events occur. One thing that was
interesting to me is that these tools don’t make your understanding of why
these events occur easier, they just help put your thoughts and ideas on paper
to make them more concrete.
My biggest challenge this week was figuring
out how to do my “5 whys”. I felt super stressed out while coming up with ideas
because I realized THIS IS ACTUALLY REALLY HARD. I felt like trying to come
down to the exact reasons why problems exist had me going back and forth
wondering if it was the “chicken before the egg”. Do people commit suicide
because they are depressed, are they depressed because of abuse or their life?
I think this week taught me that I am excited
to find a solution or better way to create a positive change regarding my
topic. I feel like I am looking forward to the next steps when I can evaluate
what actions or protocols need to be taken to change my problem and promote an
actual behavior change among those who suffer with the problem that I am trying
to solve.
Comments
Post a Comment