Reflection Journal - Week 13
Reflection Journal - Week 13
- Summary of
the main ideas and topics of the week.
a.
This week we discussed how our role as members
of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints applies to our efforts as
social innovators. There are many lessons that can be applicable in both
religion and humanitarian efforts. Applying and teaching skills such as
self-reliance can help us make an impact that sticks. We also were reminded of
the first great commandment to love God and our neighbors. Our role as
righteous church members and social innovators is very important and we need to
remember to be humble and serve with the right intentions.
- A response to a
specific reading, video, or activity. For instance, did something spark
interest, surprise, anger, inspire, or confuse you? Reference the content,
add your thoughts, and explain your reaction.
a.
I really like applying gospel topics to secular
goals or ideas. I think there are many skills we need to obtain to accomplish
both discipleship and successful social innovation. Some ideas I thought of
included:
■
Patience
■
Sincerity
■
Charity
■
Kindness
- Respond to
the weekly prompt.
|
Reflect on your future social innovation goals and The Gospel
I think this class has helped me realize that my business
efforts and life goals don’t have to revolve around my own personal success.
If I truly apply social innovation and The Gospel into my personal goals, I
will lose myself in working for others and truly see success. In the end, I
think I will be more refined and more unselfish than if I solely focused on
my own goals.
|
|
|
|
|
Comments
Post a Comment