Reflection Journal - Week 4


Reflection Journal - Week 4 
  1. Summary of the main ideas and topics of the week.
This week we focused a lot on Design Thinking. In the readings, we learned that, “Design in its most effective form is a process, an action, a verb not a noun.” We also learned that design thinking occurs in different steps.
1)   Defining the Problem
2)   Creating and Considering the Problem
3)   Refine Selected Directions and lastly
4)   Picking which works best and executing the plan
I loved the principle of “see-shape-build” that was mentioned in the text. These principles help us carry out good ideas and plans. It helps us organize our thoughts and intentions after seeing what problems we should truly focus on.
  1. A response to a specific reading, video, or activity. For instance, did something spark interest, surprise, anger, inspire, or confuse you? Reference the content, add your thoughts, and explain your reaction.
I liked the chapter readings this week and the example of the Szekeres as they confronted the challenge that they faced in their country regarding the mistreatment of the disabled community. It was inspiring that instead of looking inward, their actions were aimed to help the son and others in their countries in the same predicament. Something that I liked this week was the applicability of these concepts to many different issues or problems that can arise in life. I like that this class is applicable in many different levels. It made me think of what I am personally doing to create change where I think it’s needed.

  1. Respond to the weekly prompt.
Week 4 Prompt: Why is design thinking an important skill in social innovation?
Design Thinking is important because as innovation occurs, there also needs to come about change. Although without realizing what the bigger problem is and how it could potentially be solved, there will be more successful outcomes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection Journal - Week 13

Reflection Journal - Week 12

Reflection Journal - Week 3